Draft proposed 2017-2018 Elementary Calendar
Draft proposed 2017-2018 Secondary Calendar
The Education Act requires a minimum of 194 school days of which school boards are required to designate three mandatory Professional Activity (PA) days as well as allowing for four discretionary PA days for a total of seven PA days.
The Ministry of Education calendar has Christmas holidays beginning on Monday, December 25, 2017, making the last day of school before Christmas holidays Friday, December 22, 2017, with a return to school on January 8, 2018. The Ministry of Education's proposed mid-winter break begins Monday, March 12, 2018 and ends Friday, March 16, 2018. Our board's draft calendars follow the Ministry pattern of designated holidays.
Our board's draft elementary and secondary calendars propose the following:
- Classes for students beginning on September 5, 2017
- Classes ending for students on June 28, 2018
- PA day on September 29, 2017 for both elementary and secondary panels
- Rotating PA days (one per school) between October 6 and November 3, 2017 organized according to families of schools for both elementary and secondary panels
- PA day on November 17, 2017 for both elementary and secondary panels
- PA day on February 1, 2018 for the secondary panel only
- PA day on February 2, 2018 for both the elementary and secondary panels
- PA day on June 1, 2018 for the elementary panel only
- PA day on June 29, 2018 for both the elementary and secondary panels
- For the secondary panel, ten instructional days for exams, five per term