Check out this video explaining the role of Student Trustee
Click Here for the SMCDSB Student Trustee Fact Sheet
Apply To Become The Student Trustee
What Are The Benefits?
- What a great learning experience!
- Learn about political processes and the education system
- Gain valuable public speaking, research, leadership and evaluation skills
- Become the voice of students at important trustee meetings
How To Apply?
- Mentored by a Board trustee and an in-school mentor
- Opportunity to attend conferences and events
- $2,500 honourarium
- $500 bursary toward post-secondary education
- Great experience for your resumé
- Use of a laptop computer for the duration of your term
- Have your principal, parish priest and parent complete the following on-line forms (hard copy pdf versions are also available by following the links below - submit hard copies to your principal).
- Make a presentation at the Student Senate meeting in November - the final decision is made by the Student Senate via secret ballot
Questions can be directed to your school principal or to the office of the Superintendent of Education for Secondary schools by e-mail at Student Trustee Inquiry or phone at (705) 722-3555 ext. 228.